Thursday, June 25, 2009


I finished the quilt.

I finished sewing the binding on late last night. This evening I tossed it in the washing machine, on delicate, with woolite and a cup of salt (supposed to prevent colour bleed) and held my breath. It didn't disintegrate, which, I admit, I was really afraid of :)
Went through the washer and dryer beautifully, crinkled just
enough for a lovely effect and not so much that it became barbie sized. And despite every measuring error possible it came out a perfect square. Can't figure that out! Plus washing softened the cotton so now it's quite snuggly. It's machine pieced and quilted and hand bound. 40 inches square. Front is Moda's Oh Cherry Oh, back is a pale pink quilting cotton with a subtle white flower pattern, binding a solid bright pink.

I know I've blathered about this endlessly, but I am just so pleased
with it. It was a challenge, and I love the finished product so much!

No comments: