Monday, May 31, 2010

Another year older


and yet no wiser. Yes, my birthday has come around once again. It's not a year that ends with a 0 or a 5, so it's not 'a big one'.

My parents came up for a birthday dinner for me, along with my in-laws, a rare and special treat. They, and the kids, and especially C, spoiled me hugely!

My parents gave me fat quarters of fabric in orange and purple (neglected colours in my stash), cool metallic machine threads and special needles to use with them. Big J gave me a gorgeous fat glass apothecary jar and a Michaels gift card (he does know me well!), the little bits (with some help from papa) gave me a rainbow of summer shirts (much needed) and C gave me a gorgeous 8 gig ipod nano, in the most awesome cobalt-purple colour! I have been coveting one for ages!

On top of that, there was lemon cheesecake. Bliss I tell you, bliss!

No comments: