Monday, September 22, 2008

All this and a 5 1/2 hour ER visit...


I'm being extremely kind and posting the gauze-covered 'before' shot of J-man's latest boo-boo. I did take the 'during shot' (oh yes I did!) with his chin split open like an eyelid and the subcutaneous fat layer visible, and I've even subjected some of my friends and family to it, but I'll refrain from posting it here. Knowing it exists should be enough :)

He was swinging between two tables in his kindergarten class when he lost his grip or something like that and hit the floor face first. All told he's really lucky, nothing broken except skin, no lost teeth, etc. The teacher didn't seem to realize how bad it was but the office ladies did and called me in from work. Of course, they didn't bother telling me he'd need stitches, just that he 'needed me'. Yeah, me and a doctor anyway. He did earn both a frozen fruit popsicle AND dinner at McDonald's for his suffering. And a nice manly soon-to-be-scar.

1 comment:

Alex said...

I stumbled upon your blog, cool thing to do but I bet that wasn't the photo you were hoping to take today!