Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Griping about nothing


The daycare is taking the kids tubing on March Break (Jonah's age group Tuesday, Katie's Thursday), yay, that's fun. They say your kid MUST have a helmet to go along, OK, I like the idea of helmets if I'm not going to be there to supervise my own kids (and besides, we already have helmets) but then it says if your kid doesn't have a helmet not only can they not come on the trip but they can't come to the daycare at all that day.

Excuse me?

We pay to send our kids here and you'd deny someone (keeping in mind only half of the group is going each day so there'll still be kids and teachers at the centre) childcare that day because they can't afford to spend $100 on a snowboard helmet the kid would wear once??? (Again, we already have helmets, but there are a lot of kids in the centre who are there on subsidy whose parents are new to the country and likely couldn't afford a helmet, plus good luck FINDING a helmet in March, snowboarding/skating season is over dude). Did they also include any suggestions for rentals - heck no. I'm cheesed, not because I don't believe in helmets (I do) or because I don't have helmets (I do) but because that is so unfair to say pony up the cash or keep your kids at home. Grrrrrrr.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Quite frustrating, I agree.